As certified nurse midwives, we provide high quality, confidential, sensitive and professional care. We are primary care providers, and experts in the evaluation and treatment of women’s special health care needs. These services are provided for females across the lifespan, from young teens to elderly women. Services include:
- History and physical exam, including pap testing, head to toe physical exam, breast and pelvic exams, referrals for mammograms and lab tests, and wellness counseling.
- Contraception, including birth control pills, IUD placement and removal, injections, patches, rings and diaphragm fitting.
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections and vaginal infections. Male partners with sexually transmitted infections also treated if desired.
- Perimenopause and menopause, including assessment, testing, bioidentical hormone therapy or traditional hormone therapy, and counseling.
- Prescriptions, including birth control, antibiotics, hormones and vitamins.
- Procedures, including endometrial biopsy for abnormal bleeding, and pessary fitting for pelvic organ prolapse or incontinence.
- Referrals to other health care providers, including physical therapists, surgeons and specialists.
- Preconception counseling, including assessment, evaluation and recommendations.
- Ultrasound is available in our office for women who need this service. Gynecology and maternity ultrasounds are done by New Mexico Sonographics and read by a radiologist at UNMH.